Moment of Inertia The Moment of Inertia of a non-point object is calculated by the formula: I = k x R2 x M (measured in kg m²) Where: M is the mass R is the radius of the object from the center of mass k is a dimensionless constant called the inertia constant that varies with the geometry of the object in consideration. For example k = 1 for a thin-walled cylinder around its center or k = ½ for a solid disc around its center. Decreased Weight The advantage of decreased weight is that you will achieve an incremental improvement in your vehicles power to weight ratio. The smaller diameter clutch is lighter even though an intermediate plate and...
- Dyno Tuning
- Diesel Performance Tuning
- Diesel ECU Tune
- Nissan Patrol ZD30
- Stage One Upgrade Toyota Hilux
- 200 Series Landcruiser
- 79 Series Landcruiser
- Ford Ranger
- Holden Colorado
- Petrol Engine Tuning
- 4wd Upgrades
- 4X4 Suspension
- Airbag Man
- Clutch Upgrade
- IDrive Throttle Controller
- Diesel Engine Protection Kits
- Stocklock Automatic Lock up kit
- Hayman Reece X-BAR
- Stage One Upgrade Toyota Hilux
- ZD30 DI Highflow upgrade
- Ford Ranger Upgrades Mild to Wild
- About Us
- Lovells GVM (Gross Vehicle Mass) Upgrades
- TOYOTA LANDCRUISER GVM Upgrades
- LOVELLS GVM UPGRADE SUITABLE FOR TOYOTA LANDCRUISER 200 11/07 ON 4000KG (OE 3300KG)
- LOVELLS GVM UPGRADE SUITABLE FOR FORD RANGER PXII/MAZDA BT-50 4X4 1/12 ON 3500KG (OE 3200KG) POST REGISTRATION
- LOVELLS GVM UPGRADE SUITABLE FOR ISUZU D-MAX 4X4 6/12 ON 3600KG (OE 2950KG)
- LOVELLS GVM UPGRADE SUITABLE FOR TOYOTA HILUX VIGO 4X4 3/05-9/15 3300KG (OE 2835 SC 2780 DC 2710 XC)
- LOVELLS GVM UPGRADE SUITABLE FOR NISSAN PATROL Y61 GU5 DX 3.0L 3/07 ON 3900KG (OE 3400KG) POST REGISTRATION
- LOVELLS GVM UPGRADE SUITABLE FOR TOYOTA HILUX REVO 4X4 10/15 ON 3500KG (OE 3000KG)
- LOVELLS GVM UPGRADE SUITABLE FOR TOYOTA LANDCRUISER 79 D/CAB 3/07-12/16 3700KG-4200KG (OE 3300KG)
- LOVELLS GVM UPGRADE SUITABLE FOR TOYOTA LANDCRUISER 76 WAGON 3/07 ON 3660KG (OE 3300KG)
- LOVELLS GVM UPGRADE SUITABLE FOR TOYOTA PRADO 150 10/09 ON(EXCL KAKADU) 3500KG (OE 3000KG)
- LOVELLS BRAKED TOWING CAPACITY UPGRADE SUITABLE FOR TOYOTA LANDCRUISER 200 11/07 ON STAGE 1 PRE REGISTRATION
- LOVELLS BRAKED TOWING CAPACITY UPGRADE SUITABLE FOR TOYOTA LANDCRUISER 200 11/07 ON STAGE 2 PRE REGISTRATION
- SUPERIOR ENGINEERING COIL & ADVENTURE KITS
- Lovells Camper Suspension
- Lovells camper suspension Austrack Tanami x13 & x15
- Lovells Camper Suspension Austrack Savannah X
- Lovells Camper Suspension Austrack Simpson
- Lovells Camper suspension upgrade for Black series Alpha and Delta
- Lovells Camper suspension upgrade for Black series Patron Pheonix Dominator
- Lovells Camper suspension upgrade for Ezytrail Albany GT, Stirling GT, Coorong GT
- Lovells Camper suspension upgrade for Ezytrail Lincoln Z
- Lovells Camper suspension upgrade for Ezytrail Parkes 13 and 15
- Lovells Camper suspension upgrade for Ezytrail Parkes 18
- Lovells Camper suspension upgrade for MDC Cruiser
- Lovells Camper suspension upgrade for MDC XTT Robson
- Lovells GVM (Gross Vehicle Mass) Upgrades
- Mail ECU
- More Performance
Ford F259 Service required as the family has just moved interstate. On his way home from another run at work as a truck driver. F250 owner found it was time to find a new service provider in Queensland after making the move across the border. The owner has serviced most of his fleet his life and it was interesting listening to what his views are on servicing. Ford F250 Service Firstly what did the Ford F250 Service entail? Customer Concern Ford F250 just moved to Queensland, looking for a long term mechanic. May need a dyno tune as has not been tuned in some time and a service. Reason for tune is it is just not running as well as it...
Mazda 6 Service and Power Curve Performance are not two things people often associate. The Mazda 6 Service belongs to the wife of the owner of two cars we care for you may know. Looking back through our blogs the Plymouth Duster and grocery getter Chrysler are regular vehicles in the workshop. The owner a local business owner here in Nambour. They have owned the Mazda 6 for 6 months and its ready for a service. All in all John is as well attuned to buying a good car as making a diamond ring. This Mazda 6 looks to be well serviced and cared for. John is very busy at this point in time and an unreliable care is not on the cards. Often hard but...
Bundaberg based couple contacted us after extensive investigation to resolve an engine management light. Fiats mechanic had investigated, cleaned and replaced every part in their power to eliminate the engine management light issue. Once this path had been taken to only conceivable option was Fiat Ducato ECU Remap. A referral was placed by the mechanic himself to contact our team. Fiat Ducato ECU Remap There is no guarantee or recommendation that an ECU Remap will resolve a previous issue outside of power, lag etc. For this customer, this was the option left on the table. A side bonus the customer had also heard the benefits a Fiat Ducato ECU Remap could have. A few day after completion of the Fiat Ducato ECU Remap we received...
The owner of this Commodore has done everything possible to have it running at peak performance. The booking was for a cold start tune and oil light issues. Moving from NSW to QLD meant a new tuner, mechanic etc. The owner has a fresh built top end and cam. Every invoice and service history was provided. The owner had previously even supplied his own high quality oil for the past mechanics to service it with. (Oil supplied was top end) We confirmed the ECU was unlocked prior to booking. On arrival, we found the ECU was locked. Understandably the owner was frustrated that his standard ECU had been locked unbeknown to him. Unlocked and cold start resolved the oil switch...
Colorado Big Boy Intercooler upgrade has been on the cards for some time for this Colorado. Last in the Power Curve Performance work shop November 2016 from Ipswich. November booking saw the Colorado in for a diesel performance ECU Tune. The next upgrade on the dream list was the Lexendex Colorado Big Boy Intercooler. Just prior to Christmas the standard factory Colorado Intercooler split and failed. Waiting to upgrade is an easy financial decision in the middle of summer with a damaged intercooler like this. Although all legendex systems are self install compliant some variables occur. The vehicle had the bull bar repaired and previously modified with a winch and some specific differences. Installing new upgrades into a brand new vehicle is relatively...
Volkswagen Amarok Service in today for a lovely local family. A well performing vehicle does not need to be owned by a car fanatic. You do not have to fit this description to be our customer either. Our children dance with the owner of this Volkswagen Amarok Service children. Dave has no interest in what tyres, suspension or how much power his Volkswagen Amarok has. However he is a very busy man not unlike many of our customers. Dave has a job that can see him doing regular trips to Brisbane and back in a suit and tye. The fire warden for his local rural fire brigade and has fought the recent fires near the new Aura estate and Australia Zoo. ...
An 8hr drive even on an Australian summers night was enough for the 2001 Toyota Hilux Radiator. The owner was experiencing high volumes of coolant use and thought it best for it to be professionally investigated. The vehicle is used in a remote area and is owner serviced. The radiator after being tested had not failed however being in the summer weather and the current condition it is in driving 8 hrs home in the day is not recommended. On inspection confirmation testing from the team at Nambour Radiator Works both teams and the customer decided on the outcome. A new radiator, hoses, and thermostat for the 2001 Toyota Hilux. The fan was also repacked and with the whole system out of...
Wayne with the Commodore we have spoken about in the "over 12 months later" blog was here with his new vehicle for some maintenance. The TD42 check over included a full service, upgraded diff and trans oils, Power Curve TD42 fan upgrade, and dyno tune. Living north the TD42 was purchased here on the coast. Having had experience with the Power Curve Performance team prior the TD42 check over was carried out with us. Wayne will be using the TD as a travel car and has a few trips. The TD42 check over and service. All air, oil, fuel filters were replaced. It is very important to change your filters, the change in power, engine temperature and reliability can...
David bought his son in laws new Nissan NP300 for some TLC. The new vehicle is a trade ute and reliability and great maintenance is key for a trade base business. No ute no work, David bought the Nissan NP300 in for a little TLC. Nissan NP300 TLC Upgrade 1 A full time work ute while still in warranty you don't have to completely sacrifice power. Nissan NP300 TLC and throttle response with a Legendex Throttle response unit. With no implications on the engine and all of the response in the pedal. The Throttle Controller will give the owner better off the mark power and will suit him when towing and completely tray loaded. The Throttle response unit is plug in...