Gerard was referred to Power Curve Performance from a valued friend and mechanical professional in Hervey Bay. Gerards 79 series Landcruiser concerns are low power and a high whistle. Knowing that Gerard was coming from Hervey Bay we had some concerns in regards to him returning home the same day. Based on 79 series landcruisers we see every day the diagnosis over the phone would be to jump to a failed or chipped turbocharger. Why we don't diagnose over the phone Our concern based on 79 series landcruisers we see every day we can diagnose by ear, feel and then sight a failed turbo in minutes. So we had a feeling this could be the unfortunate case based on what...
- Dyno Tuning
- Diesel Performance Tuning
- Diesel ECU Tune
- Nissan Patrol ZD30
- Stage One Upgrade Toyota Hilux
- 200 Series Landcruiser
- 79 Series Landcruiser
- Ford Ranger
- Holden Colorado
- Petrol Engine Tuning
- 4wd Upgrades
- 4X4 Suspension
- Airbag Man
- Clutch Upgrade
- IDrive Throttle Controller
- Diesel Engine Protection Kits
- Stocklock Automatic Lock up kit
- Hayman Reece X-BAR
- Stage One Upgrade Toyota Hilux
- ZD30 DI Highflow upgrade
- Ford Ranger Upgrades Mild to Wild
- About Us
- Lovells GVM (Gross Vehicle Mass) Upgrades
- TOYOTA LANDCRUISER GVM Upgrades
- LOVELLS GVM UPGRADE SUITABLE FOR TOYOTA LANDCRUISER 200 11/07 ON 4000KG (OE 3300KG)
- LOVELLS GVM UPGRADE SUITABLE FOR FORD RANGER PXII/MAZDA BT-50 4X4 1/12 ON 3500KG (OE 3200KG) POST REGISTRATION
- LOVELLS GVM UPGRADE SUITABLE FOR ISUZU D-MAX 4X4 6/12 ON 3600KG (OE 2950KG)
- LOVELLS GVM UPGRADE SUITABLE FOR TOYOTA HILUX VIGO 4X4 3/05-9/15 3300KG (OE 2835 SC 2780 DC 2710 XC)
- LOVELLS GVM UPGRADE SUITABLE FOR NISSAN PATROL Y61 GU5 DX 3.0L 3/07 ON 3900KG (OE 3400KG) POST REGISTRATION
- LOVELLS GVM UPGRADE SUITABLE FOR TOYOTA HILUX REVO 4X4 10/15 ON 3500KG (OE 3000KG)
- LOVELLS GVM UPGRADE SUITABLE FOR TOYOTA LANDCRUISER 79 D/CAB 3/07-12/16 3700KG-4200KG (OE 3300KG)
- LOVELLS GVM UPGRADE SUITABLE FOR TOYOTA LANDCRUISER 76 WAGON 3/07 ON 3660KG (OE 3300KG)
- LOVELLS GVM UPGRADE SUITABLE FOR TOYOTA PRADO 150 10/09 ON(EXCL KAKADU) 3500KG (OE 3000KG)
- LOVELLS BRAKED TOWING CAPACITY UPGRADE SUITABLE FOR TOYOTA LANDCRUISER 200 11/07 ON STAGE 1 PRE REGISTRATION
- LOVELLS BRAKED TOWING CAPACITY UPGRADE SUITABLE FOR TOYOTA LANDCRUISER 200 11/07 ON STAGE 2 PRE REGISTRATION
- SUPERIOR ENGINEERING COIL & ADVENTURE KITS
- Lovells Camper Suspension
- Lovells camper suspension Austrack Tanami x13 & x15
- Lovells Camper Suspension Austrack Savannah X
- Lovells Camper Suspension Austrack Simpson
- Lovells Camper suspension upgrade for Black series Alpha and Delta
- Lovells Camper suspension upgrade for Black series Patron Pheonix Dominator
- Lovells Camper suspension upgrade for Ezytrail Albany GT, Stirling GT, Coorong GT
- Lovells Camper suspension upgrade for Ezytrail Lincoln Z
- Lovells Camper suspension upgrade for Ezytrail Parkes 13 and 15
- Lovells Camper suspension upgrade for Ezytrail Parkes 18
- Lovells Camper suspension upgrade for MDC Cruiser
- Lovells Camper suspension upgrade for MDC XTT Robson
- Lovells GVM (Gross Vehicle Mass) Upgrades
- Mail ECU
- More Performance
Jump on any facebook group or forum and at some point, you will hear someone ask about an additional fuel filter. Power Curve Performance requires a system that is also able to work alongside our engine performance upgrades. Setting a standard of performance is not just a fast car it is a vehicle that consistently performs. For this reason, we use Direction-Plus PreLine - how it works and an explanation of the dual layer media that is at the heart of why it is so effective separating water. In the early years of mechanics, a technician is educated about the components of diesel and its tendency to attract water. Additionally, many Power Curve Performance clients are looking to upgrade or create reliability...
Sunday afternoon at the shop doing a bit of painting and expansion when we noticed a facebook message from our customer Troy. Having spent the day at double island on his way back his 200 Series loses power on the beach. A sure way to wreck a great day of sand and sun on what had been a summery spring day on the Sunshine Coast. As we were at the shop anyway we invited Troy to drop his 200 series off a little earlier than his Thursday booking. Thursday Troys 200 series Land Cruiser was booked in for rear Superior control arms. Cause of 200 Series loses power on the beach Initially, it felt like the drivers' side turbo was the cause...
Brand new off the show room floor. 79 Series Land cruiser into the Power Curve Performance work shop for a Superior Engineering Coil Conversion and 2" Suspension kit. Convert your leaf sprung Landcruiser 79 Series Dual Cab to a more compliant ride and better handling both on and offroad with one of our Superior Engineering Coil Conversion Kits, designed, tested and manufactured in Brisbane to suit all Australian conditions. The kit is supplied with everything you need to convert your vehicle from leaves to coils, all brackets , mounts ,coils, shocks, control arms, brake lines as well. The NCOP VSB pre-approval paperwork is also supplied, so you can legally have the Coil suspension fitted and approved on your vehicle. The...
2x V8 79 Series Landcruisers in for ECU Tunes, 4terrain clutch, Catch can and de soots. Two separate vehicles from South Brisbane, Toowoomba and Ipswich. Both in today for a power and performance upgrade with the team. A picture tells a 1000 words so lets see what kind of picture we can paint on these two vehicles. 4Terrain Clutch PROTECT YOUR DIESEL ENGINE AGAINST COSTLY OIL & SOOT CONTAMINATION Direction Plus ProVent oil separator kits protect your modern diesel engine by substantially reducing the amount of oil entering the engine from blow-by gas in the crankcase ventilation system. By not fitting a Direction Plus ProVent system, it is likely that your engine will experience a progressive reduction in performance. Direction Plus ProVent...
Facebook and the internet is full of information and dyno sheets on what horsepower and gains are expected from an ECU tune. When we dyno tune any vehicle that is registered we take it for a before and after test drive. This includes a rather steep incline in the area. One of the team other than the tuner will take the vehicle on this drive to give an unbias opinion of the outcome. If they dont like the outcome the tune will be re looked at. One of these mechanics proposed taking this 79 Series Hill Test to show why he likes the process. On Road Test The on road test helps give us a better indication on the areas...
Many of us know the benefits, on road results and gains of an ECU Tune. The information is more readily available to us. If you don't know that's fine too we are more than happy to discuss the upgrade with you. For those who have done the research and have made the booking here are some of our Top Tips Pre ECU Tune. Some of these you can easily achieve your self-others we recommend being carried out by a professional depending on your knowledge and skill level. The ECU Marathon Lets imagine you are going to enter into the Sunshine Coast marathon. I don't matter if you are a little 2.2 or a big V8 if you are committing to marathon...
Spending time with the family pre Easter the owner of this 200 series Landcruiser is here on the Sunshine Coast. During the family visit the 200 Series Landcruiser family took the brother in laws Power Curve Performance ECU Tuned 200 Series for a spin. The husband and wife where both surprised with the power difference considering how happy they thought they were with the power of the V8 already. Now convinced they had to get the same upgrade before they left the Sunshine Coast. Yesterday we did a custom ECU tune and installed a Legendex throttle controller. Both brother in laws now have custom tunes for towing their vans and they can move onto the next competitive upgrade for their set...
What is the difference between a chip and an ECU Tune? One of the most asked questions of common rail 4x4 owners. Lets chat through some of the differences and look at why the owner of this 2012 Nissan Patrol ZD30 CR Auto replaced his chip with and ECU Tune. Diesel Performance Chips Diesel performance chips have been the best thing on the market since sliced bread. A simple plug and play option with price tags from $50- $3000. Pre ECU Tuning the diesel performance chip gave us an increase in power and torque. For many the simple diy and visible product is still today a draw card than the unknown of the science behind the ECU tune. Diesel...
SUPERIOR ENGINEERING EXPLAINS HOW TO FIND OUT WHEN YOU SHOULD USE COIL OR STRUT SPACERS AND WHICH ONES YOU SHOULD BE USING! So why use coil spacers? Coil spacers are ideal for those who want a moderate increase in lift height, while maintaining near factory ride & handling for the least amount of money. They are also a great idea if you are looking to raise the height of your 4WD, but want to be sure about the extra height before plunging into the cost of a full suspension kit. For those of us with coil sprung solid axle vehicles the addition of a coil spring spacer can provide many benefits, such as compensating for uneven load distribution, spring settling and sagging. By simply...